Review: Nameless Queen by Rebecca McLaughlin

Nameless QueenNameless Queen by Rebecca McLaughlin
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

There is a severe lack of worldbuilding in this book, and I had absolutely no sense of place no matter where the characters went. I also had no idea what *anyone* looked like. BUT, despite those things (which are usually a big factor in whether I like a book or not), I actually enjoyed this one quite a bit. I saw the "twist" coming a mile away, so it wasn't a surprise to be told why Coin was named queen. But I enjoyed seeing her building relationships with the people around her, learning about her powers, and figuring out who she really was and how she could help heal her country.

Overall, a good read and recommended for fantasy readers even though it was more action than place.

I received a copy of this book from NetGalley. My opinions are my own.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: The Shadows Between Us by Tricia Levenseller

The Shadows Between Us by Tricia Levenseller My rating: 3 of 5 stars OK. I'm going to come at this from the angle that everyone (exc...