Review: The Book of Kells by R.A. MacAvoy

The Book of KellsThe Book of Kells by R.A. MacAvoy
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Too much talk about naughty bits and jerking off. All of it seemed incredibly irrelevant to the story. It was like the author was obsessed with pubes. The characters were all pretty much unlikeable (except maybe Ailesh and Snorri). And I hated the ending. The Book of Kells itself doesn't even feature into the story very much, only for a couple of scenes, that have absolutely no bearing on the actual events in the story. It felt like a bunch of irrelevancies muddled up in a semi-interesting plot. I didn't love it, I didn't hate it, but I probably won't read it again.

Two stars, but giving an extra one because I really liked Snorri and wish there was more of him in it.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: The Shadows Between Us by Tricia Levenseller

The Shadows Between Us by Tricia Levenseller My rating: 3 of 5 stars OK. I'm going to come at this from the angle that everyone (exc...