Review: Elizabeth is Missing

Elizabeth Is MissingElizabeth Is Missing by Emma Healey
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

[Disclaimer: I received a copy of this book from the publisher for the purpose of a review.]

I can't say too much about the actual story of this one without giving pretty much everything about the book away. But stylistically it was beautifully written. It grabbed my attention from the start, and as I read page after page of Maud's descent into either Dementia or Alzheimer's (it's never mentioned which one it is in the book, and I'm not sure if it was meant to be known) it broke my heart piece by piece. Maud's one focus, the repeated statement "Elizabeth is missing," leads to the story of a completely different missing person. Her first-person narrative jumbles between the past and the present. I wanted to know throughout the entire book: Where is Elizabeth? And what happened to Maud's sister? The end took me by surprise. I wasn't expecting to even enjoy the book, but I definitely loved it.

I received a Kindle Edition from NetGalley, and I believe it was before the release date. There were some typos, fairly non-impeding to my read. Mostly spacing issues and some words got stuck together. Otherwise it was done well.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: The Shadows Between Us by Tricia Levenseller

The Shadows Between Us by Tricia Levenseller My rating: 3 of 5 stars OK. I'm going to come at this from the angle that everyone (exc...