Review: The Great Lenore

The Great LenoreThe Great Lenore by J.M. Tohline
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I'm torn on this book. It's written very well, but it's also pretty short, and not entirely a great read. I felt rushed through, and I felt like the relationships were formed so quickly and then lost again. The overwhelming high-society attitudes of some of the characters combined with the narrator's not-so-opulent background didn't seem to be as much of a gap for him to bridge as I would imagine it to be. I also didn't really get to know Lenore, and why everyone loved her so much, aside from the fact that she was "perfect" in almost every way. That doesn't tell me much about her, and her back-story didn't really either. It was also mentioned that she was brilliant and funny and entrancing. I didn't really see that expressed, the reader is simply told and expected to believe. That didn't sit so well with me.

But the story was interesting, and the pace kept me going, so while I didn't love it I did like it, and for that it gets 3 stars.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: The Shadows Between Us by Tricia Levenseller

The Shadows Between Us by Tricia Levenseller My rating: 3 of 5 stars OK. I'm going to come at this from the angle that everyone (exc...