First Books of the New Year

Reached by Ally Condie and Insurgent by Veronica Roth
I love MyPoints.  I love it so much because, when I save up enough points, I get gift cards for books.  Books that are free to me are wonderful books!

It's amazing, then, that I received my latest MyPoints gift card in December and only today cashed it in.  I guess I was waiting for the right sale, or the right book, but whatever the reason, today I used it up and got two books I've been waiting for for a while.  I'm excited to start them!

My husband Chris is a member of some music message boards, and on one of them they post their music purchases.  I thought that would be a fun experiment for the blog, so now I present you with my first book purchase of the year.

Reached is the final book in the Matched trilogy by Ally Condie.  I really enjoyed the first two books and still haven't decided which guy I think is right for Cassia.  Maybe they'll end up in a threesome!  Haha.  That would be an ... interesting conclusion.  *cough*  In all seriousness, though, I am very excited to start this.  I'm trying to finish another couple of books right now, but as soon as they're done (two are library books) I'll be starting Reached.

Insurgent is book two out of three in the Divergent trilogy by Veronica Roth.  The first book, Divergent, received a lot of mixed reviews and I can understand why.  Tris is a bit whiny, her relationship with Four is just a bit too fated/cheesy/overdone, and the story line was a bit predictable.  But in all, I really got wrapped up in the war and what was going to happen to all these kids, who were being forced to fight without knowing what they were doing.  What were they going to do when they realized they had killed their friends, their families?  I can't wait to get deeper into the plot and see where everything is going.

This year is going to be a great reading year, I can just tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: The Shadows Between Us by Tricia Levenseller

The Shadows Between Us by Tricia Levenseller My rating: 3 of 5 stars OK. I'm going to come at this from the angle that everyone (exc...