Review: Behind the Throne

Behind the ThroneBehind the Throne by Chad Denton
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Disclaimer: I was sent this for free by the author.

Behind the Throne is a great look at the power that came from queens and mistresses in European history. I thoroughly enjoyed learning about people I never knew had existed, and the power they held in relation to their kings and the people around them. It is disconcerting to know that many of them died with ruined characters or despised by the people and/or their families. Some of them, luckily, were beloved until the end.

Since this book lacked a serious copy-editor, I believe that it could be much better if given a good clean-up. I strongly urge a publisher to give it the attention it deserves, as I really enjoyed reading it and would love to see it out in a formal format. Note to Chad: If you want help editing, I would be glad to do it ;)

If you can get your hands on it, give Behind the Throne a shot.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: The Shadows Between Us by Tricia Levenseller

The Shadows Between Us by Tricia Levenseller My rating: 3 of 5 stars OK. I'm going to come at this from the angle that everyone (exc...