Review: Cress

Cress (The Lunar Chronicles, #3)Cress by Marissa Meyer
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

****Just a quick little note to say that this is book THREE in a series, so if you haven't read books ONE and TWO you might want to not read this review.****

I *really* love this series. I know there are people out there who think it's dumb YA SF, but I really love almost everything about it. Kai is kind of the only one I don't like, simply because he's a dud of a character. Just sits back and takes it. He wants to do the right thing for his country but doesn't really know how. He isn't ready to be emperor, and I get that he was thrown into it unexpectedly, but it is still his role and he's not doing a very good job of it. Plus, he's pretty dense. But other than that, this is great. Cress is a funny character, albeit naive (what else do you expect? She was kept prisoner on a satellite for 7 years or something like that). And her "romance" with Thorne is pretty cute. Marissa Meyer knows how to write romance (better than Veronica Roth anyway).

For some reason I thought this was the end of the series, but it's not, so yay there's more!

(I sort of turn back into a teenager when I read this stuff. Kind of irritating, but the series is just so good!)

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: The Shadows Between Us by Tricia Levenseller

The Shadows Between Us by Tricia Levenseller My rating: 3 of 5 stars OK. I'm going to come at this from the angle that everyone (exc...