Year End Review

Well, it's the end of the year already. I completed my goal of reading 50 books, and ended up at the count of 67. I'm working on two more, but I guess they'll have to count for 2012 since they aren't done yet. Did you have any goals? Did you meet them?

I'm considering upping my goal for the coming year to 75 books, but I'm not sure if I'll make it. But who cares? As long as I'm reading I'll be happy.

I've been asked to beta read a book for someone very special, which is making me very excited! Great start to the new year, right? I'm also planning on reading some more mainstream books (The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo is on its way to me as we speak), and seriously looking forward to seeing how A Princess of Mars has been translated onto the big screen in John Carter.

Since Goodreads has discontinued their swap program, I ended up joining BooksFreeSwap. So far it's been a so-so experience. I've received four books so far, with three more on their way. However, there isn't a huge supply of books up there that I want, so waiting for the ones I do want has been tough. I was told about Bookins, but the shipping on that is so expensive that I'm wondering if it's worth it. What bookswap sites have you used? I don't want to pay to ship, only to receive, so some of the major sites are not going to work for me. Suggestions?

I hope you all have a wonderful 2012, and I hope that it includes lots of reading!

2 comments:

  1. Wow thats awesome! My goal this year is 50.. as Ive never set a book goal before!
    I have never used a bookswap site before- goodreads didnt include Canadians- but id be interested I think!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 50 books is a great goal, I wasn't sure I was going to make it but I did, about four months early :) Good luck on your challenge! I ended up upping it to 75 anyway, just for the heck of it, but who knows if I'll make it.

    Check out BooksFreeSwap, it may include Canadians and it's free to join. You only pay to receive, and shipping is pretty cheap because they send it all media mail. Takes a long time to receive, but paying less is worth it.

    ReplyDelete

Review: The Shadows Between Us by Tricia Levenseller

The Shadows Between Us by Tricia Levenseller My rating: 3 of 5 stars OK. I'm going to come at this from the angle that everyone (exc...