Being a Bride, or When Books Just Don't Cut It

Obviously this is a book blog, but sometimes, books just don't cut it for me.

There are a lot of things that go into being a bride. I've done a majority of the planning for this wedding, including contacting all the vendors, making all the appointments, arranging around everyone's schedules, and deciding what we do and do not want. It's been crazy and wonderful and a complete trip, more complicated and involved than I ever imagined.

But where I used to be able to turn to books to take me away from this kind of mind occupation and put me in a different mindset, it's been a little difficult to concentrate lately. Sometimes books just don't work.

What do you do when you feel like you're out of control, and the one thing that used to keep you occupied doesn't hold your attention anymore? I'm sure once the wedding is over I'll be back to "normal," or as normal as I've ever been, which isn't very. But until then, what would you suggest to help relieve the stress? (And no gym - I quit that because it was boring.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: The Shadows Between Us by Tricia Levenseller

The Shadows Between Us by Tricia Levenseller My rating: 3 of 5 stars OK. I'm going to come at this from the angle that everyone (exc...