Review: I Have No Mouth And I Must Scream by Harlan Ellison

I Have No Mouth and I Must ScreamI Have No Mouth and I Must Scream by Harlan Ellison
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

The writing itself was pretty good, and the stories interesting enough, but I really can't get past the way he portrays and talks about women. All of his female characters are pretty terrible human beings (granted the men aren't any better, but I'm seriously getting tired of reading stories about evil plotting women, women who get raped but were asking for it/deserved it/wanted it, women who are faceless whores, etc.). And the author makes himself sound like a pompous ass in his introductions.

I can now say I've finally read some Ellison, since he's a Big Name in the SF genre apparently, but his is a world I don't think I'll be visiting again any time soon.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: The Shadows Between Us by Tricia Levenseller

The Shadows Between Us by Tricia Levenseller My rating: 3 of 5 stars OK. I'm going to come at this from the angle that everyone (exc...